Saturday, May 10, 2008

Branding a City. Sisters, Oregon.

When I was approached to help with branding the city in which I live I was a bit hesitant. The challenge given to me was to create a brand that would provide a unifying theme to represent the City’s various interest groups, along with becoming the catalyst to market the city as a vacation destination.

I began by sending out an extensive brand questionnaire to 75 city residents from various backgrounds and interests. This enabled me to find a common theme that would represent the city’s brand essence. In reading through the questionnaires, I found that many moved to the area to pioneer a new and better way of life. From this came the verbal brand tag line, ‘Pioneering Spirit’. Because of the western architectural theme of the town, my visual solution for the brand was a literal branding iron symbol. The logo positions the ‘S’ for Sisters in the center of an ‘O’, representing Oregon. The assignment also included website design and a year long advertising campaign.

To my delight, the new brand has been well received throughout the community along with providing a clear and focused brand message in which to market this unique and special region within Central Oregon. 




3 comments:

Unknown said...

you may not be Michelangelo.
although you are a man who is talented in your craft. in an impressive way.
to a point where your refinement is largely without fault.
the ability you have to execute an identity is quite striking and in my opinion something of genius, of a sort.
i for one, am honored.

We're The Christensons said...

Excellent work my friend! Crazy crazy talented...

queen of sublime said...

Bill - What amazing work you do. Each time I see a project of yours, I am in awe. I especially love the word mark you did for your wife! How cool!

Happy new year to you!
Best - Aileen from Sublime Design Group